Sunday, January 11, 2015

Learning to trust as God calls me to give money

  
One morning this November, we looked at the story of the good samaritan who took time and  
money to love a stranger.  I was challenged by how I needed to trust God to lead me in knowing  
who to help and when to give money. I decided that when I felt God was puting a need in my 
way, I would be generous. 
 
God brought me an opportunity to live out His love within hours. I gave money to a young  
stranded man, sharing my trust in God. He was truly touched, realizing that God had not  
abandoned him. He was amazed that I trusted him. I was also not sure I should trust him, but  
God calls us to trust.  
 " ove trusts.." 1 Corinthians 13:7  
  
I was excited to work with God, happy that God had given me money to share, and had brought  
the desperate man my way.   
 ~Katrina Stine 

No comments:

Post a Comment