Sunday, August 9, 2015

Loving from the strength of the Fathers heart

"It must be so hard to see all that you see." Often people say this to me, and it's true.
It's heart wrenching to engage with the hurt of the people around you. The Father can handle it though, and he is showing me how to partner with His heart. 
 I know a girl who's name means hope, and she is one of the hard ones to watch, hard to engage with because her life reeks of pain and disappointment.
 One night I felt myself putting up a wall, I did not want to really think about how much she must be hurting, I wanted to ignore her, I was tired and did not think I would have anything to give anyways, though because I knew she was why I was here, and that the Father saw her, as she was, valuable, so much more valuable than she had ever known, I took the paints out of my bag and painted something for her on the spot. 
I painted an orange bird in a nest with the light of the morning pouring through the surrounding branches.  I had a translator explain that I wanted her to have it and that I hoped it would remind her that the Lord wants to be her refuge.

 She was more quiet and peaceful than I had ever seen her as she studied that painting close to her nose. She really did appreciate it, and while I have not seen her set free from her state of mind or addictions,  I call out to the Lord for her by name, I ask that she would see hope, that spiritual bonds around her life would be broken and that a place for her, a safe home would be able to take her in. 

 Though I have not seen a miracle in her life or in the life of many others, I recognize the miracle of functioning out of the love of the father. It would be too much to hear the stories of these girls, to hear how children have died and take those burdens upon myself, but as I listen, I can let the Father take the burdens, letting my heart be strengthened to feel the pain, strengthened as I let Jesus love through me. That is a miracle that Jesus is firmly establishing in my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment